Thursday, June 23, 2011

Left RMD House today

I think we are at the end of our leashes.  We have to keep apologizing to each other for being snippy.  We are so over being in Ohio. It's like we are being held hostage.

We started out at 10:30am this morning to say goodbye to John and Kayla.  I know it's hard for her to see us leave, but emotionally...Jake and I have checked out.  It's been a long and hard week, sharing custody of Cassidy.  I know we did what we had to do. I know that letting her see Cassidy and jump through her crazy family's hoops was the right thing to do.  But by the time it was time to leave, I felt like running.  I made sure to tell her that we will see her later, and not goodbye.  She really loved the scrapbook I did for her, and the charm bracelet is her first bracelet ever.  John was also emotionally checked out, but I'm pretty sure he's been there for awhile.  He's not a people person at all so I'd bet that me being with them every day for 12 days straight was tough.  I fibbed and told her that we were flying home today or tomorrow and that we were headed to wait in Cleveland until we were told we could fly.  As soon as we ran to the car I called our attorney and her said that Ohio signed and the papers were "on the truck to WA". So we went and packed our stuff, cleaned our room and headed to Cleveland.

I returned the rental car and we were so ready to go drink a bottle of wine over dinner.  RMD House is no alcohol and Kayla and John don't drink, so we were on our best behavior.  So the restaurant didn't have alcohol, so I'm sitting poolside with a fruit smoothie.  The room was cheap and the WiFi doesn't work in our room.  It also has a funky smell.  But it has a king size bed for the three of us and we don't need to be up early b/c WA won't notify anyone here until 11am EST.  So no one call before 9am PST. We will be sleeping. Unless the bed bugs get us.  Just kidding, I checked.  We are just waiting to here "okay to fly" so we can jump on a plane.  We are about 5 minutes away and ready to run.