Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day one as a stay at home mom

So yesterday was Monday, Jake's first day back at work. Cassidy was up a lot during the night, not fussy but not willing to sleep. She insisted on being held. So I kept rocking myself to sleep.  I had Connor signed up for swimming class Monday-Thursday at 10:25 thinking it would be easy and something to do. 

So Jake leaves at 7am for work.  Cassidy and I are up.  Connor gets up at 7:30. PLENTY of time to get to swim.  We make oatmeal. We feed Cassidy. I got Connor ready to go out the door...and while he's opening it, our expensive kitty that had leg surgery runs out the front door. I throw everything down, Connor and I chase Nala and climb a tree to get her back in the house. She goes in the house. I go grab our stuff and we head to Pullman.  We are early for swim.

With no swim bag.

I had a towel in the car, but no goggles or swim trunks. So our first SAHM outing I flunked.  Luckily the teacher was fine with him in his basketball shorts. Also, Cori has swim at the same time, so with some rearranging of clothes, it worked. Connor wore Cori's jeans (picture high water pants with a waist band so big he holds the back up the whole time he walks. With white flowers on the pockets), Cori wore Ana's capri's as shorts, and Ana wore a spare pair of pants.  Thank God for cousins.  haha.

Today was better though. No cat drama. Showed up with the swim bag.  We did lots of errands and met up with my favorite ladies at WSU Police.  We went to Jake's work for a BBQ dinner, and now Jake is feeding Cassidy while I'm updating this and organizing my house.  My goal is to make everything in my house have one spot that it goes.  I'm chasing my tail too much.