Monday, June 13, 2011

Concentra...what?

Today I spent all morning with a list in my hand shopping. Forgot to buy any of the items on the list.  I cannot think of anything besides that belly!  I did manage to crochet that silly hat I insisted on learning.  I think I went to 4 stores this morning and then had to go tonight and forgot the list.  Duh :D

I got together with Kayla tonight at 5pm EST and we chatted up a storm. She feels like a sister to me and we get along great.  We went to dinner at a mexican restaurant and her husband stayed home.  We were still chatting up a storm and she just started crying.  I thought I said something wrong and asked and she said she doesn't know what she's going to do when I leave.  :( I told her that she's a part of our family now and she can call/text/write whenever she wants.  She's been dealt a tough hand and it just sucks.  Her life is on hold right now until Cassidy arrives and she wishes things could change.  I hope she knows how much we adore her.  She let me rub her belly and feel where Cassidy was laying.  Pretty amazing to know that little foot kicking me will be going home with me soon.  I can't get over how willing Kayla is to share being a mom with me.  She laughed and said that both of Cassidy's mommies were poking and trying to get her to wiggle. Still no clear sign of when labor will start. I left when her husband came out holding two movies and then turned and walked away.  I will get to spend tomorrow morning and early afternoon with her before work.  I'm really tired but haven't been able to sleep well since I got here.  Luckily I packed a ton of stuff to try to concentrate on!